My Personal Trainer
A personal trainer is a certified individual who is qualified in personal training. He has the knowledge, skills and abilities to design safe and effective exercise routines to achieve your fitness goals such as weight loss, fat loss or improved sports performance. The personal trainer may suggest slight lifestyle and diet changes.
Benefits of Having A Personal Trainer
1. Your personal trainer will guide you on what exercises to choose in order to achieve your personal fitness goals.
2. He will also guide you on how to perform specific exercises in the correct and safe way. This is especially useful if you are new to the gym, equipment or the exercise itself!
3. Your personal trainer will monitor you at exercise and will adjust or improve your posture, position or range of movement.
4. Personal trainers will raise the bar all the time, challenging and motivating you to push yourself further. However, he will advise you on your limits!
5. When you have a personal training session with your trainer, he will hold you accountable. It is not so easy to cancel the gym.
How Do I Choose My Personal Trainer?
There are hundreds of personal trainers providing their services at various fitness centres across the major cities of Australia. However, if you happen to live or work in Melbourne CBD, hop into the Fitness Fit gym of Brunswick East just 5 km away. It’s just a short trip and you’re there! Talk to the friendly staff who are happy to answer all your questions. The gym is staffed usually from 9 am to 9 pm most of the nights.
Things to Consider When Selecting A Personal Trainer:
Credentials and specialities:
Consider the goals you wish to achieve and select a trainer who has the qualifications and expertise to help you with those goals, such as weight loss, sports coaching, nutrition, pre- and post-natal exercises.
Find out about their experience working with specific groups related to age, medical and physical conditions and sports. Choose one who suits you!
Look for a trainer who can give you a time schedule for your workouts, preferable and optimal for you!
Personality and approach to training:
Seek out someone with whom you would like to be, as you will be spending time with your personal trainer. Would you be with someone who is very serious about training, or would you rather be with someone whose focus is to make you enjoy your training?
My Personal Training Sessions
What to Expect at The First Personal Training Session?
At the very first session, your personal trainer might ask you to perform certain exercises and take body measurements to record your fitness level. This information will help him to determine where you are, where to wish to go and how to get there.
How to Prepare for Your First Personal Training Session?
If you are ill-prepared for your first session, that might have a negative influence on going back there for your following sessions. Therefore, prepare for your session.
Wear breathable and lightweight clothing and non-slip supportive trainers.
What to Bring:
Bring a towel and a bottle of water.
How Long Will Your First Training Session Last?
A personal training session usually lasts 45 – 60 minutes. Speak to your trainer and set the time for your following sessions.